Until the 19th Century the village of Boisemont consisted of farmers, brick workers, quarriers, pearling workers and barrel makers. The population increased with the building, in 1911, of a first housing estate, and following that the creation of the new town of Cergy-Pontoise in 1968. The village separated from the new town in 1984 in order to preserve its rural character.
In 2000 the town acquired and restored the Château de Boisemont with its park of 2 hectares and was recognized officially as a « Zone de Protection du Patrimoine architectural Urbain et Paysager ». Assured thus that its specificity would be preserved, Boisemont rejoined the Cergy-Pontoise community in 2004.